THE CHRONICLES OF MILANO-SANREMO PART 3: Umberto Poli helps Team Novo Nordisk to monumental feat
Tempier claims a Hors Categorie success in Haiming!
3 Apr 2019
Highlights of month: Metron 55 SL Tubular
The Metron 55 SL Tubular is Vision’s Aero carbon rim wheelset chosen by EF Education First riders during the 2019 racing season. Thanks to its lightness and aero attitude (55mm depth rim), Metron 55 SL Tubular will be protagonist on the cobblestones of Ronde Van Vlaanderen and Paris-Roubaix as well as the flat and mixed stages of GTs.
• Lightness: this handmade wheel features the most advanced Vision carbon technology coupled with state-of-the-art manufacturing processes.
• Aerodynamics: ultrafast and stable aero wheel developed through extensive CFD analysis and wind tunnel testing. Riders have long understood that a deeper wheel is dramatically affected by side winds, and that riding in sidewinds is not uncommon.
• “Easy to use”: the FSA Preload Reduction Assembly called system applies a preload to the hub bearings via threaded clamps. It provides a bearing adjustment without dismounting.
• Full Carbon rim
• 55mm depth rim
• Laser-etched micro-dot brake surface texture
• P.R.A. hubs with DP spokes
• 6 sealed cartridge bearings (2F + 4R)
• 2:1 aero bladed spokes 16F / 21R
• ABS self locking nipples
• Angular contact bearings on rear hub
• Artisan built, entirely by hand
• Includes QR-93, brake pads, valve extenders, wheels bag
• Aluminum Shimano 10-11sp freehub included
• Campagnolo 10-11sp freehub available separately
About Metron range:
Metron is the fastest and most aerodynamic Vision wheelsets range. You will find Metron components at the top level of professional road racing and triathlon racing, giving the athletes the competitive edge to win. Each Metron wheel is available in both rim and disc brake version, clincher/TLR and tubular, meeting the needs of each rider.