3/13/2011 12:00:00 AM - TECH NEWS!
Gossamer BB30 Recall Notice
Gossamer Pro BB30 CK-OS6021CC / Gossamer Pro Compact BB30 CK-OSC6021CC / Gossamer BB30 CK-OS6020SS / Gossamer Compact BB30 CK-OSC6020SS
Full Speed Ahead (FSA) has received reports that the bolt shoulder on the non-drive Gossamer BB30 series crankarms can crack and break if the installer exceeds the recommended torque specification while tightening the crankbolt. If the bolt shoulder is cracked or damaged in any way, the crank arm can potentially loosen, allowing the rider to lose control and fall.
Gossamer BB30 non-drive crank arms that are subject to recall have serial numbers beginning with 10B, 10C, and 10D, (Figure 1).
Serial numbers are located on the backside of the crankarm by pedal threads (Figure 2). MegaExo crankarms are not affected. Gossamer BB30 Triple cranksets are not affected.
Gossamer BB30 crank sets have been assembled as original equipment on the following bicycles for Europe:
- Bianchi SEMPRE Ultegra
- Bianchi SEMPRE 105
- Bianchi SEMPRE Veloce 10v
- Cannondale CAAD 10 105
- Cannondale CAAD 8 105
- Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105/Apex
- Cannondale Synapse Alloy 105/Apex
- Cannondale Super Six 5 105
For the US market the Gossamer BB30 crank sets have been assembled as original equipment on the following bicycles:
- Bianchi Sempre Ultegra (MY 2010)
- Cannondale CAAD9 5, CAAD9 5 Feminine (MY 2010)
- Cannondale Six Carbon 5 (MY 2010)
- Cannondale Slice 4, Slice 4 Nytro, Slice 5 (MY 2010)
- Cannondale Synapse Carbon 4, Carbon 4 Feminine, Carbon 5 (MY 2010)
- Cannondale CAAD10 5 105, CAAD10 5 105 Feminine (MY 2011)
- Cannondale Slice 5, Slice 5 Womens (MY 2011)
- Cannondale SuperSix 5 105, SuperSix 5 105 Womens (MY 2011)
- Cannondale Synapse Carbon 4 Rival, Carbon 4 Rival Womens, Carbon 5 (MY 2011)
- Cannondale CAAD8 5 105 (MY 2011)
- Cannondale CAADX 105 Cyclocross (MY 2011)
- Felt F75 (MY 2011)
- Felt F75X (MY 2011)
- Fuji ACR 1.0 (MY 2010)
- Fuji ACR 2.0 (MY 2010)
- Fuji ACR 3.0 (MY 2010)
- Quintana Roo CD.0.1 (MY 2010)
- Litespeed C3 (MY 2010)
- Raleigh RX 1.0 (MY 2010-11)
- Scattante CFR Comp (MY2010)
or replacement and other questions IBDs (except for the US) can contact Full Speed Ahead Europe at +390396885265 or the closest FSA Service Center their area.
US IBD’s can contact Full Speed Ahead Toll Free at 1 877 RIDE FSA (1-877-743-3372) or email at email@example.com